The Missouri Department of Transportation’s (MoDOT) online oversize/overweight permit system, MoDOT Carrier Express, will undergo upgrades from Friday, July 27 through Monday, July 30 in which no agents will be available and no permits will be processed.
The state DOT released a statement stating Motor Carrier services will temporarily and completely suspend the issuance of oversize/overweight permits between 4 p.m. Friday, July 27 and 7:30 a.m. Monday, July 30. Agents will return Monday, July 30 at 7:30 a.m., and at which time maintenance is expected to be completed.
It is recommended that any permits needed for the period of July 27 through August 3, order it before 4 p.m. on Friday, July 27.
Permitted loads that are allowed to operate on weekends will be able to operate normally.
The state is warning that any oversize/overweight applications in invoiced status that are not paid in full by 4 p.m. on Friday, July 27 will be deleted. Although pending superload applications will be transferred to the new system. The state did warn, the transfer of those applications might not be immediate.
Once the new system is live, the state anticipates the following positive improvements:
- Use any internet browser, from a mobile device without a Java plug-in requirement
- Point and click maps – for an easier route selection
- Stand-alone routing – check routes before selecting them on an application
- Permit revision capability – check revised routing on your own
- Instant help on screen – instructions will be available via “help” button at the top of each screen
- Exact address search – No need to find nearest state highway, which ensures routing is complete
- Enter equipment info once – The system stores it, easily click to add vehicles to applications
- Add up to 50 vehicles to blanket permit application – saves time
- Send permits to multiple locations at once – by email, fax or both
- Upload documents directly – click route surveys and load schematics directly to the permit requests, no more supplemental emails
The state says these improvements came as a result of customer suggestions and this new means of communication will make them more effective and will allow them to quickly alert those permitted to travel in the event of an emergency which width, weight or height restrictions are in place.
MoDOT agents are available 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to assist with any questions or issues, and can be reached at 800.877.8499.
WCS Permits Can Help
As always, everyone here at WCS Permits & Pilot Cars is ready to help you! If you have any questions, please feel to Contact Us Online now or call us at (888) 737-6483 to reach our customer service department. One of our experienced transportation agents can help you with any needs and questions that you may have or direct you to the expert who can.