Temporary Trip & Fuel Permits (IFTA)

WCS Permits - Trip & Fuel Permits

Temporary Trip (Registration) & Fuel Permits

The International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an agreement between the United States & Canadian provinces to simplify the reporting of fuel taxes.The purpose of IFTA is to establish and maintain the concept of one fuel use license for carriers operating qualified motor vehicles interstate. An IFTA allows a taxpayer to file one tax report that covers all member jurisdictions. 

If one of your vehicles is traveling interstate and isn’t registered under the International Registration Plan (IRP), you’ll need to order a temporary permit.

A trip permit is needed if your vehicle is traveling out of state and any of these apply:

  • Your vehicle isn’t registered under IRP
  • Your vehicle has 3 or more axles
  • Your vehicle has a gross vehicle or registered weight over 26,000 lbs.
  • Your two vehicle and trailer have a combined gross vehicle or registered weight over 26,000 lbs. 

Temporary trip & fuel permits (IFTA) are often needed at the drop of a dime in any sector of the transportation industry and WCS Permits can help. 

We provide fast and affordable temporary trip and fuel permits in the United States and Canada. After hour emergency service is also available.

Contact Our Trip & Fuel Permits Dept.

Contact Our Trip & Fuel Permits Dept.