The state of Ohio oversize permit division confirmed the construction in and out of Kentucky on I-275, a 9-mile stretch, has been extended until August 2020, which will also continue to affect oversize load travel.
In addition to significant delays, dimensions and weights that are allowed to travel through the construction include the following parameters:
- Leaving Ohio into Kentucky: dimension restriction is currently 10′ wide, 75′ long and 120,000 lbs.
- Coming from KY: no dimension restriction but weight restriction is 120,000 lbs.
The state confirmed, dimensions and weights may change as construction goes on.
The total pavement rehabilitation project, which started today, is a $31.3 million project that will take place in two phases on the three-mile stretch between Dixie Highway and Turfway Road, just east of the Mineola Pike exit. The second phase will continue well into 2020.
The eastbound lanes will be paved in 2019 and construction is expected to continue until November 2019. The following ramps will be impacted:
- I-275 eastbound to I-75 northbound/southbound
- I-275 eastbound exit to Dixie Highway
- I-75 northbound ramp to I-275 eastbound
Westbound I-275 between Dixie Highway and Turfway Road will be paved in 2020. That construction is expected to begin next spring or summer and continue for the remainder of the year. The following ramps will be impacted:
- I-275 westbound ramp to I-75 southbound
- I-275 westbound entrance from Dixie Highway
- I-75 southbound ramp to I-275 westbound