I-95 in Delaware will be restricted to a maximum width of 10 feet wide for all oversize loads for a 2-year construction project between I-95/ I-495 split and US 202.
The state DOT released the following information regarding the wide load restriction:
I-95 Northbound and Southbound will be restricted to a maximum width of 10 feet beginning 2/12/2021 located between the I-95/I-495 split and US202. Project will operate in contraflow configuration until approximately 12/31/2022.
Access ramps available to oversize and overweight loads, to and from the City of Wilmington, are as follows:
– I 95 Northbound – MLK JR BLVD – JUSTISON ST
– DELAWARE AVE – N ADAMS ST – I 95 Northbound
– 52 – N VAN BUREN STREET – LOVERING AVE – N ADAMS STREET – I 95 Northbound
– I 95 Southbound – N Jackson Street – 52
– I 95 Southbound – E 11th Street
– E 2nd Street – I 95 Southbound
WCS Permits & Pilot Cars will work with any oversize load permit customer traveling in this direction to route around the oversize travel restriction.